In This Episode
If you’re looking to elevate your holiday celebrations, this episode of Arch Eats is a must-listen. Join George Mahe and Cheryl Baehr as they dive into the heart of seasonal delights. The duo shares the secrets to turkey that’s so good, you won’t even need the sides. Get tips on where to find the best fresh turkeys, preparation techniques and cooking methods (“Brining is like insurance—you should just do it.”), and a secret ingredient for crispier skin. Cat Neville, producer and host of Nine Networks’ Emmy-winning show tasteMAKERS, also shares her insights on Missouri wines. Impress your guests with the perfect holiday wine pairings and some fun facts about Missouri wine. George also offers tips to help Cheryl overcome her aversion to a popular Thanksgiving dish. And the hosts share some herbivore-friendly dishes. Follow Arch Eats on Apple Podcasts, Spotify, Google Podcasts, or where ever podcasts are available.
Thank you to Westport Plaza for sponsoring this episode. Soda Fountain Express and 360 Westport are opening soon at Westport Plaza. Follow Westport Plaza on social media (@westportstl) to keep up with the latest.
Have an idea for a future Arch Eats episode? Send your thoughts or feedback to George at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Hungry for more? Subscribe to our Dining newsletters for the freshest coverage on the local restaurant and culinary scene. And follow George (@georgemahe) and SLM on Instagram (@stlouismag).
Interested in being a podcast sponsor? Contact Lauren Leppert at email@example.com.
Mentioned in this episode:
- Looking Meadow Café: 2500 Sutton, Maplewood, 314-550-2583
- Parker’s Table: 7118 Oakland, Richmond Heights, 314-645-2050
- Theodora Farms: 4835 N. Alby, Godfrey, Illinois, 618-208-7738
- Harvest Shreds
- Mi Ranchito: 887 Kingsland, University City, 314-863-1880
- Padrinos: 3143 S. Grand, Tower Grove South, 314-282-0357
- Sal y Limon: 1221 Strassner, Brentwood, 314-282-0022
- Retreat Gastropub: 6 N. Sarah, Central West End, 314-261-4497
- Ivy Cafe: 14-A N. Meramec, Clayton, 314-776-9377
- Grace Meat + Three: 4270 Manchester, The Grove, 314-533-2700.
- Big Green Egg
- Buttonwood Farm
- Bolyard’s Meat & Provisions: 2733 Sutton, Maplewood, 314-647-256
- Smokehouse Market: 16806 Chesterfield Airport, Chesterfield, 636-532-3314
- Kenrick’s Meats & Catering: 4324 Weber, Affton, 314-631-2440
- Truffles Butchery: 9202 Clayton, Ladue, 314-567-9100
Missouri Wineries recommended for off-season visits:
Specific Missouri Wine Recomendations:
- Stone Hill Winery, Hermann
- St. James Winery, St. James
- Augusta Winery, Augusta
- Chaumette Vineyards & Winery, Ste. Genevieve
- Edg-Clif Vineyard, Potosi
- Defiance Ridge Vineyards, Defiance
- Mathany Family Vineyards, Brumley
- Cave Vineyard, Ste. Genevieve
- Dale Hollow Winery, Stover
- Pirtle Winery, Weston