Kenshō, built by Admiral with interior design from Jouin Manku, is scheduled to be delivered this summer and Y.CO has just broken the news that Kenshō, will be available to charter in the West Mediterranean during her first summer. The 266ft/75m motoryacht—whose build has been project-managed by Y.CO on behalf of her owner— is an owner-driven project which has been designed to address the perceived constraints of life on the water, offering unexpected layouts and innovative technology.
Kenshō promises fun on every level, from the sea-level swim deck with its gym, 20ft/6m swimming pool and high-octane collection of toys, to her sun deck, where everything from sunrise smoothies to sundowners can be enjoyed under a vast domed skylight. Inside, Kenshō’s colossal interiors are calming and sophisticated. Six staterooms capture all the Zen of a Buddhist temple, with warm woods, paneling and genuine Asian-inspired touches from architectural design team Jouin Manku, all bathed in natural light from dawn until dusk. But the biggest attraction is always the sea, visible from every angle, and enjoyed at every moment.
Designed as an at-sea retreat, the layout has been adapted to suit how the yacht will be used, with the main salon found not on the main deck as one might expect, but in a configuration of forward and aft living spaces on the upper deck, with spectacular forward views afforded through full length 180° windows. Designed with the sea in mind, Kenshō features wide walkways that can be left open, lowered bulwarks, floor-to-ceiling glass and low-profile custom-designed furniture all designed to enhance the views of the destination.
Tom Debuse of the Y.CO Charter Management team comments: “Kenshō is an exciting addition to the Y.CO fleet, as well as to the wider industry. She has been built by an experienced charter yacht owner and is entirely geared towards the overall guest experience. With a completely new vision of open, striking and entirely livable onboard spaces, stunning guest accommodation and run by an experienced charter crew, led by Captain Sam Cooling, she combines all the elements needed to truly amaze. Kenshō’s sun deck and swim deck are magnificent, perfect for soaking up the views, and we anticipate that she will become an industry leader. With limited dates available this summer, now is the time to get onto the Kenshō repeat charter list!”
From swim deck to sun deck, Kenshō is committed to life on the water. Her owner, in love with the at-sea lifestyle, threw convention out of the window with her layout. Using asymmetry, integrated outside living areas and spaces in unexpected places, he created a space that was totally dedicated to life on the water, allowing the sea to be viewed – and enjoyed – at every turn.
Features at a glance
- Vast interior volume and designed with views in mind; interior ceilings are 2.7m high, with floor-to-ceiling glass throughout guest spaces.
- Groundbreaking interior design by Jouin Manku, renowned for their architectural transformations of some of the world’s most prominent hotels and restaurants.
- Unconventional layout, with the wheelhouse relocated, allowing the upper deck to be given over to a forward viewing living room
- Large beach club “Pool deck” with 6m pool facing aft, providing mesmerizing views at the same level as the ocean.
- Unique indoor-outdoor sun deck, with spectacular domed skylight, intimate forward jacuzzi and sunbathing area and island bar.
- Stunning main deck master suite with lounge area with French balcony, dressing room/office and bathroom with a statement central tub.
- Five sizeable guest cabins, two of which are on the main deck.
- State-of-the-art “Diesel-Electric” propulsion system
Kenshō will be cruising in the West Mediterranean, with selected dates available during August and September starting from 850,000 EUR per week.